TransWin - Make any window to be transparent
TransWin helps set transparency to windows.
Unlike Windows Vista/7 Aero, it can set the transparency to the whole client area of any windows. It can also set transparency to task bar, start menu, pop up menu etc. It can be used to set transparency under Windows 2000/XP too.
The transparency ratio is controllable, and it supports filters to let you control the transparency for special programs and windows.
Use Transparency Windows in Any Program
Some programs will provide the feature to use transparency on its windows, but most of them will not. Now with TransWin, you can make any window to be transparent, includes the start menu, task bar, and any web browser etc.
Transparency Value is Controllable
You can change the transparency value freely by dragging the slider bar on the main window of TransWin, choose a comfortable transparency ratio that will not disturb your works but is still cool. If you drag the slider bar to the leftmost, the transparency can be disabled.
The windows will barely be seen if you use the maximal transparency value by dragging the slider bar to the rightmost *.
* You will need to enable the super-trans feature to use the maximal transparency value (99%), the default max transparency value is 80% if you don't enable the super-trans feature.
Set Different Transparency for Special Programs or Windows
The slider bar in the Global page controls the global transparency value, which will normally affect all windows in the system. TransWin also provides the Filters feature to let you control transparency for special programs and windows.
By using the Filters feature, you can:
- Set different transparency values for individual programs or windows.
- Disable transparency for special programs or windows while the global transparency is enabled, or
- Enable transparency for special programs or windows while the global transparency is disabled.
Hotkey to Enable/Disable TransWin Temporarily:
You can specify a hotkey to the software, then you can use it to enable/disable the transparency for all windows temporarily.
Password to Protect TransWin:
You can set a password to it, the password will protect the TransWin so that none can use it or change the configuration without the password.
Enable TransWin at System Startup:
By enabling this option, TransWin can be loaded and apply the transparency automatically after computer booted and you logged in to your desktop.
Need more information? Please read the TransWin Online Help.
Download Free Trial
We offer a fully-functional evaluation copy for everyone to try this software for free. You can download and try it before you decide to purchase this software.
- Designed for Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
TransWin is not a freeware, please purchase a license if you enjoy it.
- You will get your registration key after you placed an order, you then can use the registration to convert the trial version to paid version.